Sunday, January 10, 2010

I Love You

I loved you, and now you're gone,
expecting you to just come back,
kind of like the ever returning dawn.
But I can't look at that now, you're not coming back,
I wish I could be positive, but all I can do is slump and wonder.
What could I have done to stopped it all from happening?
Could I have stopped it and avoided the pain I've fallen under?
I'm living in regret now, trying to imagine you coming back, maybe in the spring,
hopefully you'll bloom again and come back to stay,
imagining all the happiness that your return could bring.
Things don't work like that anymore though, even if we religiously pray.
That's all it is, just a prayer, to an unmerciful God,
it's all just a hope that things will change after a day.
But we can't do anything, death walks around, always, wearing a facade.
Never going to know when you'll lose the one you love forever,
you can never realize what you've got until you've lost it,
that's all it is, it's just an impossibly unsuccessful endeavor.
Now all I can do is ask the hardest questions before I quit.
Why does death take away the ones we love forever?
But leave us with the burden of pain to forever love the ones we must lose?
Being left with all the pain and regret forever,
Wish things didn't fall apart so unexpectedly, it's just left me to muse.
The last thing I can say is that I'm glad to live with the burden of your love,
the burden that has given me the strength to stand back up,
I will forever love you, no matter how far away you go.
R.I.P. Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment