Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peace

Silently watching this house fall apart,
Really just wishing, hoping to depart.
Never expected hell could break loose,
a place I called home, full of abuse.
Writing and speculating just to evade,
it wouldn't be enough, even if I prayed.
Seeing my loved ones walk on this thin life line,
made me wish that this pain wasn't really mine.
Was envisioning and hoping for that perfect life,
and struggling to end my strife while looking for some insight.
Seeing my mom fall and cry in defeat,
seeing her in pain at all the deceit.
Lifting my mother up and wiping her tears,
and hoping for peace as we sat on those stairs.
And I sat crying with my mom,
wishing that I could see her calm.
I lost my innocence at a young age,
being trapped and encompassed by my rage.
This feeling of hate I could not contemplate,
feeling this and hoping the drugs would sedate,
the pain and hate.
I smoked all the weed that I could get,
and I got addicted, I'll admit.
Trying to retreat and forget the pain,
I ended up doing it all in vain.
Now you see my story,
containing no glory.
The story ending at sixteen,
and beginning a new life with a new scene.
Never thought I could see my home in peace,
no longer needing to call the police.
Glad to be sitting here with no stress,
knowing I won't have to feel distress.
And knowing that I have my best friends,
this security that I hope never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment