Sunday, January 10, 2010

Somethings Better Left Unsaid

Walking by the beautiful autumn trees,
I thought of the times that i spent with you,
as the leaves flew by me with the breeze.
The days in which, together, we grew.

Sitting down on a bench with my book out,
trying to read, but only reminiscing,
you were like my anti-drug, something I couldn't do without,
feeling like the past was the only thing that I could look to cling.

Then, standing back up and leaving a book of a thousand words behind,
hoping to forget, trying so hard to distract myself,
but somethings, including piece of mind, weren't something I could find,
just hearing my thoughts come alive was making me go deaf.

Falling to the ground, into a pile of autumn leaves,
thinking of your beauty that resembles the incredible season,
one thing that can't be taken away from you, not even by those thieves,
the ones who told me that my love could not have won.

And then, looking up at the wondrous sky,
I thought to myself, that which made me wonder,
why did everything go so awry?
never expecting an answer, as I sat there and went under.

Under all the regrets and the unsaid apologies,
and all the unforgiven mistakes I've committed,
with my mind trying to find a way to appease,
things that I had kept to myself and hid.

Something that neither of us had a clue to,
and now because of some unmistakable feeling,
I must say something that maybe you never knew...
But now it's too late, it's the end of fall,
all the times I've had the chance, are all through,
so now I can't confess that love,
to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment